The Yamaha R15 has been in operation since 2008. Following the widespread success of the bike since then, several versions of the Yamaha R15 bike have been phased out. The latest version of Yamaha R15 V4 was recently launched in the world market including Bangladesh. The current Yamaha R15 V4 bike carries the DNA of the legendary super sports bike YZF R1. That means the R15 bike is a smaller version made in imitation of the YZF R1. The recently launched R15 V4 and R15M are almost identical in terms of features. Let's take a look at the features and brief evaluation of the Yamaha R15 V4 bike.
- First the design of the bike has changed a lot, the bike is now more attractive and aerodynamic design. This means that the bike is very muscular, but it is able to easily pass through the air.
- The current R15 V4 bike uses a nicely designed bi-functional LED headlight, which is Class-D brightness. The modern design headlight with the newly designed aerodynamic front cowl has given the bike a different look.
- The Yamaha R15 V4 bike uses an instrument cluster with many new features. In addition to the average mileage, average speed and temperature of the coolant, many important information is displayed.
- Yamaha's Y-Connect Apps can easily connect any smart phone with the Yamaha R15 V4 bike's instrument cluster. Where the rider will see important information like Call Alert, SMS & E-mail Alert and Phone Battery Level.
- Yamaha has used Dual Channel ABS in the R15 V4 bike as always, 140mm Radial Rear has been used in the rear wheel of the R15 V4 bike which is very helpful for safe riding and braking.
- Yamaha R15 V4 bike uses new Upside Down technology front suspension, which is able to absorb more shocks.
- Yamaha R15 V4 bike uses 155cc LC4V, SOHC, FI engine, which is capable of generating maximum power 13.5 kW, 18.4 PS. As usual, this engine also uses Variable Valves Actuation (VVA) technology.
- As usual, Yamaha has used "Assist & Slipper Clutch" technology in this bike, which makes the clutch pull more smooth.
- Yamaha has used the Quick Shifter on the R15 V4 bike for the first time, which helps to change gears without a clutch.
- Yamaha R15 V4 bike has a dual horn which will increase the level of noise pollution.
- Although the design of the bike is excellent, the supply of new colors and attractive graphics is absolutely limited.
Yamaha uses a 155cc engine in their bike, which is a liquid-cooled, 4-stroke, SOHC, 4-valve. It is capable of generating a maximum power of 13.5kW (18.4PS) / 10000 RPM and a maximum torque of 14.2 Nm (1.4 kgfm) @ 7,500 RPM. The fuel capacity of the bike is 11 liters. More details about the bike are in the description below.