R15 is a big name in today's world. Which is a great asset to the global motorcycle industry, including Bangladesh. The Japanese brand Yamaha first introduced their R15 bike to the world in 2008. Following its widespread success, Yamaha has been regularly updating the R15 bike. As part of this, Yamaha launched R15 V2, R15 V3 and currently R15M in the global market including Bangladesh. Yamaha's latest addition to the Bangladesh market is the Yamaha R15M, which is a sleek sports bike with the same attractive features as ever. Let’s take a look at the key features and evaluation of the Yamaha R15M bike.
- First of all, the R15M bike has an excellent aerodynamic design, which makes it easy to penetrate the air, where the visibility of the LED position lights is relatively high.
- Used in the bike, the newly designed bi-functional LED headlight, which has D-Class brightness. The new design aerodynamic front cowl with modern headlights has given the bike a nice front look.
- The Yamaha R15M bike has newly designed 37mm Upside Down front suspension, which is able to absorb more shocks.
- The new Yamaha R15M bike has been given Side Stand Engine Cut-Off technology, which means that the engine will not start if the Side Stand is not taken up.
- As usual this model also uses Dual Channel ABS, but the rear wheel of the bike is given a relatively thick 140mm Radial Tire. Which supports the base for safe braking and comfortable riding.
- The Yamaha R15M bike uses a completely new design Fully Digital LCD Meter Console, which displays almost all the important information including riding mode and phone notification.
- Y-Connect App allows any smartphone to be connected to the instrument console of Yamaha R15M. Where Call Alert, SMS & Email notification, Phone battery level and App connectivity status can be seen very easily.
- For the first time, the Yamaha R15M bike uses Quick Shifter, which is great for classless gear shifting.
- Yamaha R15M bike uses the same 155cc, LC4V, SOHC, FI Engine, which is Variable Valves Actuation (VVA) and Assist - Slipper Clutch technology.
- The exhaust cover of the Yamaha R15M bike does not fit with it at all.
- Yamaha failed to innovate the engine in their new R15M version, which was everyone's expectation.
Yamaha uses a 155cc engine in their bike, which is a liquid-cooled, 4-stroke, SOHC, 4-valve. It is capable of generating a maximum power of 13.5kW (18.4PS) / 10000 RPM and a maximum torque of 14.2 Nm (1.4 kgfm) @ 7,500 RPM. The fuel capacity of the bike is 11 liters. The weight of the bike including fuel is 142 kg.